My sisters are two of the most beautiful, talented, smart, ambitious, loving women I know. I have learned much from them and they continue to teach me new things constantly.
I wasn't the best sister growing up. I was bossy, opinionated, rude, a bit (or a lot) of a clothing thief. I wasn't very nice to either of them and for that I will always be sorry.
I was however, ALWAYS jealous of them. Their talent, their beauty, their popularity. They seemed to be the things I wanted to be. . . just the better version.
Addie:
The older sister. She always seemed to know how to do everything. Seriously. She plays the piano so beautifully. She taught herself at first and then when Mom and Dad realized how gifted she was they put her in lessons. One of my favorite things to do when I was younger would be to lay on the couch in the living room and listen to her play our white upright piano.
She is skilled in painting. Her images appear almost like a photo. I was most jealous of this talent.
She can dance and act but boy oh boy can she SING! Addie's is one of my favorite voices to listen to.
She can make the lemonade out of life's lemons and you would think it was her origional plan all along. She is just that good at doing what she does.
She know teaches preschool and is doing a fabulous job. She has two wonderful children and still amazes me all the time.
Quinci:
The baby sister. She has always been the pretty one. Since she and I were closer in age we were compared by others continually. I hated it because I always knew I paled in comparrison to my younger sister.
She is one of the most beautiful people I know. Seriously. She has great skin, long long eyelashes, hair that looks great no matter what length it is, and teeth that never needed braces.
She is amazing at whatever she attempts.
One day she wanted to learn to play the song "waterfall" on the piano. . . so she taught it to herself. She wanted to be a dancer and she became one. I loved going to her competitions the few times I did because she was so beautiful as she danced on stage. I can still see one of them in my head. . . I think it was called "I will die for you" (?) gorgeous!
She has done a great job in her career of grooming and is so cute with animals.
She is someone I truly respect and try to emulate.
My sisters are amazing.

No comments:
Post a Comment