My brothers.
Oh how I love them. In most ways they couldn't be more different. Caleb with his dark hair, tan skin, poor life choices and slightly evil big brother streak and Noah with his blonde blonde blonde hair, pale skin, returned missionary, sweet as can be little brotherness. But they are both two of my favorite people. I really lucked out when it came to brothers.
Caleb:
Oh when I was little I idolized Caleb. I wanted to do everything he did. As you can see on numerous family videos when I copy him. He taught me to ride my bike. He would tickle me til I peed my pants. He would tell me I was beautiful and special. Each year for my birthday he would tease me about giving me a sack of poop. Each year it was really a bag full of squeeze its. (Do you remember those?) I loved squeeze its.
He taught me a lot about life. Sometimes not in the way I wanted to learn the lesson, but nevertheless I learned it. He made some poor life choices and is away from the family for now. I miss him.
In the picture above was the last time I saw him before he was locked up. I told him if he came to my wedding he needed to behave himself. And he did. He loved me enough to respect my wishes on the special day. And regardless of how stupid he can be, I love him.
Noah:
The child that they kept trying for. I don't know how Noah came from our family. He is more quiet then the rest of us, maybe because we never let him get a word in, but when he talks you want to listen. He is sweet. I don't think I've ever seen him do something that would hurt another. He is pure good.
Noah wasn't a sister but we sure dressed him up as one. No-ina is what we called him as we dressed him in our old clothes. He was a good sport. Or maybe the three of us just overpowered him.
He probably doesn't remember this story but I will never forget it.
I had broken up with someone I had planned on marrying and thought that my heart would never recover from the ache it felt. Noah had a spare bed in his room because we had recently had a foreign exchange student. I didn't want to be alone and since Noah can sleep through anything I thought I would go cry in his room.
He woke up. Came over to the the bed I was in. Didn't say a word but held me and fell asleep with his back against the wall as he held me while I wept.
It is those sweet things he did that have me forever indebted that God sent me such a wonderful brother.

No comments:
Post a Comment