November 10, 2010

Gratitude: My Inlaws

Like I mentioned in a previous post we had dinner with Matt's parents on Sunday. Yesterday Cindy, my mother-in-law, and I went shopping for some of Little Man's Christmas Gifts and had a blast.
It is so nice that we have been able to form a good family relationship with them.
I even got Cindy to try one of my favorite Mexican restaurants.
Darrell, my father-in-law, is such a sweet and kind man.  He and Cindy had Matt later on in his life and he was a super involved parent. Matt counts his dad as his best friend. They love talking books and cars together.  He is a super grandfather. You can see his love for our Little Man in his eyes. I love watching them together.
Cindy can decorate anything. Seriously. Her house is always gorgeously decorated for the season.
She has overcome so many illnesses and still is able to maintain her faith.
She loves our Little Man and is every bit the doting grandmother, although she hasn't given him diet Coke yet. :D
We are grateful for our relationship with them and I can honestly say I love both my inlaws.

No comments: