November 2, 2010

Gratitude: America

I am grateful I live in a place where I can vote.
I have a say.
Even if it doesn't matter much in Utah, I still have it.

Bill Vaughan once said ~ A citizen of America will cross the ocean to fight for democracy, but won't cross the street to vote in a national election. ~

Eisenhower said ~ The future of this republic is in the hands of the American voter. ~

Today I held the future of America in my hands. I hope that I did okay.
At least I am attempting to participate in something that so many people have fought for the right to have.

If you haven't yet. . . GO OUT AND VOTE!

Anyone can do it.
Little Man did. . . or at least he got the sticker.

Well as long as you are a citizen, who registered, is over 18, and has id.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I didn't vote this year. I hadn't researched anything, so rather than vote in ignorance, I chose to abstain altogether. Ben was going to vote, but couldn't find his card. I don't think he needed it, but I think he thought he did.