December 7, 2010

#reverb10 -Community


DECEMBER 7 – COMMUNITY

Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? 
In becoming a new mother I found BabyCenter. It is a website for parents, those wanting to better understand children, or those trying to become parents.
I joined a birth board. Women who were due within the same month as me. 
We compared where we were in our pregnancy, our labors, how we were adjusting to becoming a mother (or adding one more to a family), we laughed with each other and cried with each other.
I also joined a mothers group with women from my church. We meet and its a great time to let the Little Man play while I get to have grownup conversation. Sometimes Wednesdays don't come fast or often enough.
In 2011 I would like to better connect with my family. I love my siblings but outside of Sunday dinners I rarely see them. I want that to change.  
I want to improve my relationship with old friends. There are those few who have been able to break down my walls and my barriers and now that we aren't as close as we were then, it breaks my heart.

No comments: