DECEMBER 11 – 11 THINGS
What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
1. Fear of Food - Okay that probably makes me sound like food issues. I don't. I just enjoy eating the same things all the time. I am not very adventurous. I just recently tried (and fell in love with) salmon. I have sworn as long as I can remember that I hate fish. I take that back. I am going to try to be better about trying new things.
2. Feeling inadequate. IF you have met or even just seen my 2 sisters you could understand why I have feelings of inadequacy. This coming year I want to work on appreciating myself and my talents. To learn more of who I am and why that makes me great.
3. Swearing. Before I went on my mission I stopped swearing. I didn't swear once for 18 months. I didn't swear for the first 6 months I was home. Then I was back in the real world surrounded by people who swore, whether profanely or in jest, all the time. I caught on. I started swearing. I don't want our Little Man to swear so I am doing my best to eliminate those words from my vocabulary once again.
4. Monopolized time. Sometimes being a stay a home mom I feel that Little Man monopolizes my time. I love him and I love spending time with him. But I realize now that I need to have time for myself. I am setting aside some time each day to study my scriptures and read from our vast library. I am super excited.
5. Lazy. I have been a lazy person. Well I was the first 2 years of our marriage. I will be receiving my first pair of Nike running shoes for Christmas. (Yes, I know all my gifts.) I am going to become someone who can run and enjoys it. I love going out with my little man and since we live only a mile from all the awesome sites downtown I am determined this spring and early summer to make time everyday to explore, enjoy and most importantly be ACTIVE.
6. Drama. Not like theatre but drama with people around me. I am just not going to get involved. That sounds mean but I don't see the point in being pulled into someones crap and just bring myself down. You can't lift others higher than you are yourself and when one is involved in Drama I rarely find I can help them if I join them.
7. Pregnancy. Okay that might sound mean. But I've been there. I've done it. And I am not ready to do it again. I hope to one day but 2011 is not when. 2012. . . that sounds a little better (to start TRYING.)
8. Envy. Okay I don't know if I can actually get rid of this but I sure am going to try. I think as I overcome my own feelings of inadequacy I won't envy where others are as much. I realize how lucky I am. I am married to a great man. I love him, he loves me. We have the most beautiful little boy. We are making it. He is getting a GREAT education. I love staying home with our LIttle Man. Sure I don't have a house (yet) the type of car I'd like (yet) an iphone or ipad or many other things but I still have more then most. And I am going to focus on that instead of longing for what I will one day (Hopefully) have.
9. Worry. I am a worry wart. I worry about everything. I don't know how I am going to fix it but something must be done before I worry myself into my grave.
10. Judging. Funny I have this and envy. I want to be better about not judging people by how they dress or what they listen to/watch. I want to remember that they are God's children and he loves them. When I was a missionary I was constantly reminded of that. You loved people who were so mean to you because you knew God Loved them. I want to be better about that.
11. Hatred. There are very few people who I would use this word towards. Less than five more than 0. I want to work on forgiving them and forgetting the pain I have been caused. NOT the lesson learned. I want to let go of those feelings so that they too can fully move on if they would like.
That was really hard to do. Even if you aren't #reverb10'ing you should try this
No comments:
Post a Comment