How far along? 17 weeks 4 days
Total weight gain: -2 lbs. We are almost back to weight and on track to having 24 lbs gain by 24 weeks. I know that its crazy to try to gain 24 lbs in such a short amount of time but I'm willing to do pretty much anything to keep these babies in and healthy as long as possible.
Maternity clothes? I got 7 new maternity items from Old Navy for Christmas! I love them. The shirt in the picture is one of them and I hope to use it for all my photos - unless my belly gets too big.
Stretch marks? I've heard the type of stretch marks I have referred to as silver stretch marks. That is all I have right now. Although I hear my "battle wounds" will appear around week 25.
Sleep: I am sleeping better since I got my maternity pillow. I even woke up at an early hour (6:30 am) yesterday and got our bedroom all straightened up and got a good go on the day. Granted I was exhausted by the end of it.
Best moment this week: Christmas with the boys was pretty magical. I got to feel baby A really move once early on this week and then on Christmas eve both babies were going crazy and I could feel it. Since they are so little it felt nice - I am sure when they are both moving in a few weeks I will have different feelings.
Miss Anything? I miss being able to stand up and go instantly. I have to stand, stabilize, breath, then go about my business. It's kind of silly.
Movement: Most days its just feeling the tightening of my uterus, or my heart beat through my uterus but those two moments I mentioned above are enough to keep me going for a few weeks.
Food cravings: Red meat. I'm going to have to pick up some steaks for Matt to cook because red meat sounds delicious to me!
Symptoms: I don't want to say none because it may jinx it . . . so let's just skip this question this week.
Labor Signs: Thank heavens no. I had a little bit of a scare Friday night. We went as a family (with Matt's parents) to view the lights at Temple Square. It was freezing. I was wearing Brad on my back. About 15 minutes in I realized I was D.O.N.E. as soon as Matt took B and I was able to sit down and rest things got better though. I hate having limits on how I "can" parent but I have to keep these babies safe.
Wedding rings on or off? My fake ring is starting to stay on a lot better.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I don't know how I act but I feel happy most of the time. My temper does tend to be much shorter when I am tired so I am working my best to be well rested.
Looking forward to: The new year. 2015 is going to be a big year of changes for us. Some things we know that will be in store include a new car (we need one that fits us all), Twin birth, L attending Kindergarten, B attending Preschool. It's going to be big, challenging, and amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment