December 23, 2014

16 Weeks

mber 17, 2014

How far along?  16 WEEKS 5 DAYS


Total weight gain: -5 LBS. I am excited to be going up on the scale. Two weeks in a row with weight gain is so nice. I still have a long way to go to get to my maternity goal weight (which is a hopeful crazy + 35-40 lbs) but I'm just glad the number is going up at this point. My goal is to gain about 20 lbs in the next 8 weeks.  3 lbs a week seems totally doable!

Maternity clothes?  Old Navy had a great Christmas sale so I was able to order my first "Twin Pregnancy Maternity Clothes". They are scheduled to arrive on Christmas Eve. We will see what an Old Navy maternity size Medium fits like. I have never left size small in my other pregnancies but as I mentioned my hips are spreading.

Stretch marks? Still nothing worth noting. I can still see all my skin in the mirror and there isn't anything more or less than I've had before. 
         
Sleep: I'm not as tired as I have been, which means my house is looking much better. Plus, somehow I am sleeping better! This maternity pillow has done wonders for how much quality sleep I am getting next night. Seriously my favorite thing ever right now! Yay for early Christmas presents!!!

Best moment this week:  Finding out the twins gender. I have stated this whole pregnancy that I was more than happy to have 2 more boys. I know boys and feel I do alright with them. 2 girls seemed really scary to me. Although that was my personal guess. For selfish reasons I wanted boy girl twins but always just felt it was two girls. When we saw the first girl (baby A - on my left and closer to my cervix) I was so excited.  After we looked at her we moved on to baby B (on my right side, a little higher up) and at first she wasn't showing us anything. When she did open her legs I was so excited! 
It almost makes me question if I really wanted 2 girls but was too worried it wouldn't be to say anything out loud

Miss Anything? Apples. I can do a little bit of apple juice but for some reason, maybe my total overdoing of apples normally, apples never work for me during pregnancy.

Movement:  Some women as far along as I am feel very active babies. Since i'm 5'2 I grow smaller babies naturally (thank heaven) so maybe that is why I can't feel them because they are smaller but its still mostly feeling my uterus contract - although about 2 days ago I was laying with my hands on my belly and I distinctly felt baby A push me. As if to say "mom, it's already crowded in here. Stop pushing!"      

Food cravings: Salad and Brazilian food. I think I have pinned 30 brazilian recipes. Now it is time to get cooking them. Well, after Christmas. Let's be realistic.

Symptoms:  I have a stuffy nose and still require i.v.'s 1 - 2 x's a week

Labor Signs:  Nothing. Doing my best to keep these babies in until at least May 14.

Wedding rings on or off? It's in the safe. It was falling off so I just switched to a cz ring that I tend to wear when pregnant. 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, albeit a little bugged there is no snow around here. It is amazing how being able to keep down food makes your mood so much better.
        
Looking forward to:  Christmas with the boys and mine and Matt's parents. (already done my sibling Christmas) I love spending time with our parents and it will be so nice to see Matt's parents as they are living far away.
Also Jan 20, we have the big ultrasound to make sure A&B are doing well and verify gender.* Can't wait to check on them again.

*We will be verifying gender because even though both our Dr. and the ultrasound tech are "almost positive" since the ultrasound was done @16 weeks there is still the chance that we could have 1-2 boys in there. As long as we don't discover a third baby I will be happy! :D

No comments: