May 17, 2010

Mother's Day

Our Mother's day celebration started on Saturday with Matt and I going to see the new Iron Man movie. I loved it! Minus the fact the whole time I just wanted to be holding my baby.

Matt gave me 4 charms to go on the charm bracelet he bought me for a wedding gift. An "L" for our little man. A turtle, to remind me of the turtle we saw while scuba diving off the Na'Pali coast on our honeymoon. A lobster for our one year anniversary trip to my mission. And the theatre masks to represent my love of the arts. It was a perfect gift.

Sunday Matt who holds the Melchizedek Priesthood was able to give a name and a blessing to our son, that he would officially be a member of our church.
This ordiance is performed by men who have the Melchizedek priesthood by forming a circle, one hand on the shoulder of the man next to him, the other hand supporting the baby. Matt acted as voice.

For me the best part, other than the blessing itself, was that my father was able to join the circle. You have to be in good standing with the church to participate so while my father is an amazing man, I was not expecting him to stand in the circle. He had overcome his own weaknesses and addictions so that he could help bless my son.

Words cannot begin to describe the emotions that I felt.
Gratitude doesn't seem to be strong enough.

We are so lucky to have so much and are excited for our new move to SLC the end of this week. It will be a new adventure for our little family. I promise to keep you all informed.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Congrats! I'm especially glad to hear the part about your dad.

Laura Elizabeth said...

Hannah! You're dad...!!!!...and just...wow!!! Congratulations :o)

Karrie said...

such a great day and what a cute idea for a mother's day gift.

Yea! Robert!!!

Sierra said...

Such a beautiful picture! You guys are so adorable :-)