Someone once told me that motherhood wasn't easy.
They weren't lying.
What they couldn't explain to me is
how rewarding it is!
It reminds me of my mission.
(What can't I relate back to my mission?)
My follow up trainer, Nikki, was in her last transfer and kept telling me how fast it all went by.
I didn't believe her. Figured I knew how it would be.
When I was with my last comp Melissa I just sat and warned her how fast it went.
People told me it would be rewarding,
but I had no idea it would be THIS rewarding.
As Brian Regan has said:
Can life get any better? I submit that it cannot.
That being said there are so many things I have learned that all my
experience babysitting and Aunting couldn't prepare me for.
1. Hand sanitizer may clean your hands but it doesn't get poop out of your cuticles!
So not fun to find hours later.
2. Bath time (at least for us) is the best time of the day!
3. A baby can never have too many clothes.
4. They can have too many blankets.
5. I am much more gentle with other peoples babies. I know mine doesn't break!
6. Sleeping when the baby sleeps is easier said than done, but so good if you can do it!
7. They change so much and so quickly!
8. One smile or laugh and I fall in love all over again.
9. It's okay if you need some "me" time.
10. No one knows how to parent your child better than you, trust your instincts.
Life is great. I really couldn't ask for much more in life because I truly am so content.
I know Little Man came to us at the right time and I am so thankful for him and the happiness he brings into our home.
Having a baby also makes me way more appreciative of my husband. He is the best match for me in all ways and I love him so much. He is an amazing father. Little Man is always looking around trying to find Daddy at night. Matt is always willing to drop whatever he is doing to be with his son, and as a mother what more could I ask for.
We are happy and doing well.
Excited to go private so I feel safer posting pics of the Little Man.
Nervous/excited for June's reading challenge of the Book of Mormon!
Still debating joining us?
531 Pages.
30 Days.
That is 17.7 pages per day.
I'd just do 18 and get done a little early if you need to do so many a day.
Heck you can do a all day reading and just pound it out.
The point isn't to get this in depth study.
Otherwise we would take a year, or the rest of our lives.
The point is to read it.
Not sure you believe in the Book of Mormon?
Not LDS?
Taking a break from religion?
Why not read it and try the promise?
Worse case you've read a book of scripture.
Best case you strengthen your own belief.
I hope you will join us.
Look for changes to the blog layout (yet again) once we go private!
4 comments:
You are so inspiring...when I have kids, I hope to be as wonderful as you are :-)
Haha! I love number 6. So very true. I was such a basket case with Max I never slept. (was?)
I'm doing the BOM challenge. Thanks Hannah
I love #1! The other day my husband was watching me and quickly pointed out a little spot of poo on my elbow...i don't even want to know how it got there. But hey my e-mail is sammyjoe422@gmail.com...please keep me added to your blog.
I think your blog is so cute! I especially love the top with your cute pictures! Your little man is so cute!
Post a Comment