May 24, 2010

Are you in?!?!

People talk about what they believe all the time.  
I find myself talking about my church constantly.
Mainly because I talk about my mission.
I can relate anything to that amazing year and a half.

I gained lots of good habits on my mission.
I learned lots of things.
I met amazing people.
I could write an entire book on it.
But I think I am the only person who would read it.

I read the Book of Mormon eight times on my mission.
I also read the entire Old Testament, New Testament, Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price.
Not to mention Ensigns, Jesus the Christ, True to the Faith, Our Heritage and Our Search for Happiness.
I did all of that in 17 1/2 months.

I haven't read that much since.

How sad is that?

Well for June's book of the month I am doing a Book of Mormon challenge.
And I am hoping that some of you will join me.
30 Days, 239 chapters, 531 pages.

It doesn't matter if you have read it before or if you haven't,
the promise from the prophet Moroni applies to all.

3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

I know this challenge and promise work.
I've tried it out before.
So I invite you now to join me and give it a try.
First time or hundredth time, it's still worth it.

I will post about my studies throughout the month.
If you have any cool insights I would love to hear them if you're willing to share!



9 comments:

Icie said...

I like the June Book of Mormon challenge! I'm in!

The Bedraggled Mom said...

Count me in!

Mandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandi said...

I'm totally in! Thanks for the challenge. I think this is something I really need in my life right now!

Laura Elizabeth said...

I'm going through the book of Mormon right now! I'm kind of doing it at my own pace though, so I can really take my time with it. I think this is so great!

Janelle said...

I'm not in, but I'll tell you why. My ward Relief Society is doing an Ensign challenge. We're reading 1 talk a day (more or less) and reading the entire April conference issue cover to cover, then having a testimony meeting on July 8 after the challenge is over.

Katie said...

I'm in...but how many pages is that a day? Whew...I'm in for a huge challenge

Miette said...

oh goodness, everytime I say I'm going to do one of these, and every time I get behind, so what the heck, I'll do it this time!

Sierra said...

It sure makes me want to try! I needed some motivation, and now I jsut got it! :-) Thanks Hannah