May 6, 2010

Really Andrew. . . Really

A friend from the mission "Andrew" (name has not been changed) posted a video on Facebook about how President Obama is a secret Muslim.
I usually try not to talk politics but this seriously got my blood boiling?
Would it really be that bad if America had a Muslim President?
If you actually study Islam it is beautiful and teaches many great things.
Remember people their are extremists in every religion. Extreme Mormons, you know the ones who live completely off food storage. Or those that have branched off from the LDS faith, Polygamists for example. They are following something that at one time or another God has said is good.
Extreme Catholics. . . do you all remember learning about a little thing called THE CRUSADES???
Extreme Jews, Wiccan's, Hindu, Buddhists, Confucianist, Christians, Atheists, VooDoo worshipers or other tribal religions, there are extremes in every belief but in most you can find beauty, truth and light from God.

This was my response to Andrew's post:

"Andrew, you remember that PREACH MY GOSPEL states that Muhammad was inspired, right? You know the apostles have quoted gnostic scriptures in conference addresses? I have read the Koran and it is beautiful. Don't be prejudiced against a man who has studied a different religion. Many people study Islam, Judaism, Christianity among others just tolearn what others believe. Obama's dad was muslim of course he knows about the religion of his father, as he should. We are taught to know where are parents came from and why they did the things they did.
Oh and he has visited a Mosque? So have lots of people. I have been insides Mosques, Synagogues, and cathedrals but that doesn't make me Muslim, Jewish, or Catholic. It makes me a respecter or beauty, architecture and other faiths.
Besides the disclaimer at the very beginning of the video states : "The writers, producers, editors and publishers of this video are not stating, claiming or implying that Barack Hussein Obama is a Muslim, or that Obama himself claimed or admitted to being a muslim."
SO what if he is a Secret Muslim? (which I don't think he is) We asked people to overlook Mitt Romney being LDS and look at the politics, so don't attack someone else's religion.
Our people were exiled for their religion as were jews and muslims before us. Shouldn't we learn from those mistakes?
I figure if people I sustain as Prophets, Seers, and Revelators wrote that Muhammad was an inspired man that I shouldn't attack those that have followed that light and knowledge, but set an example for them so that they might want to learn more about the faith that I follow."

I stand by what I said. I know we aren't supposed to talk Politics and Religion its taboo. But if we don't discuss these things prejudice will continue to reign the earth.
I am a Christian, I follow the teaching of Jesus Christ as they are recorded in the King James Bible and the Book of Mormon. Christ said "all ye that labor and are heavy ladden come unto me and I will give thee rest" He didn't just accept the Christians. He accepted all.
We need to accept each other. Our differences, our simliarites. We need to learn to get along with one another.
Now I am not saying you have to agree with them, but accept someones belief or choices and allow them that right. Free agency is a gift that even God won't take from you. So why do we try to take it from others?

5 comments:

Sky, Jausi, Capree, Cash, & Charly said...

Hi Hannah... I just wanted to tell you that I think this post was BEAUTIFULLY written. I personally have a hard time with President Obama, being a strong Republican. However, I COMPLETELY agree that we all need to respect each others religions as their personal belief and relationship with God. To me, anyone who wants and aspires for a relationship with Heavenly Father, deserves respect regardless of the religion. I LOVED this post!
I would love be be able to continue to read your blog.. If you are willing :) Please also feel free to read my family's. (almostlyrics.blogspot.com)
My email is almost.lyrics@yahoo.com

Janelle said...

Well done! My other thought is, not just would it be so bad, but why should I care if he's Muslim? Muslims didn't fly into the WTC. Islamic extremists did. There have been numerous articles in the Ensign over the years, written by members who have lived in Egpyt and other heavily Islamic countries for extended periods of time. They all talk about how much LDS and Islam have in common.

Mike and Michelle said...

don't leave me out! ballmich@gmail.com

Karrie said...

Hey my email is karrielcarlson@gmail.com...keep me in the loop!

Anonymous said...

Do you people have a facebook fan page? I looked for one on twitter but could not discover one, I would really like to become a fan!