Each church stands out for something different.
The Catholics to me stand out for the Red Cardinals and the Pope Machine.
Jehovah Witnesses have "invisible" Jesus.
Islam has the beautiful writings of the Koran.
Seriously people, read it. Its beautiful.
Jews unfortuneately stand out to me because they have been so persecuted.
The list could continue.
What stands out about the Latter-Day Saints to me?
I mean, its the church I have always attended.
I actually paid quite a bit of money to go out and teach people about it.
So I should know a lot and I should have something that really stands out to me.
but the thing that I really LOVE about the teaching of the LDS faith.
Is that through living righteously,
one day we will all be "together again" as a family.
We believe that a loving Father in Heaven (a.k.a. GOD) sent his children (us)
to Earth to be tested. He has prepared a way that we can go home to him.
Jesus Christ, came an offered himself as a sacrifice so that this would be possible.
Christ lived a perfect life, meaning he never sinned.
Because he was a perfect being he could choose to lay down his life
atoning for the sins of all those who would live in this world.
(You can read of these accounts in the New Testament.)
(I prefer the account found in St. John)
I think for many Latter Day Saints the teaching of eternal families is the most exciting.
Sure sometimes, especially in childhood,
being with your family forever doesn't seem that great or exciting.
But imagine on your wedding day hearing the words "for time and all eternity"
instead of "til death do you part".
On my mission I met a woman named Rose.
Rose was a born again Christian.
It was her belief that when she died she would spend eternity
with her hands in the air singing praises to God.
She had been married,
her husband had already passed on.
I asked her if she felt she would know him in Heaven.
She said she would not.
She could be standing next to him,
singing praises to God,
and neither of them would remember this life, their trials
or more importantly their love.
That broke my heart.
I think of how much I love Matt.
I think of all the work that is put into marriage and family relations.
Why would we do all of it, if in the end, we don't know each other?
It's because we will.
When we die, we will still be who we are.
Just in a different phase of our eternal lives.
We will recognize those we loved and associated with on earth.
We will still love them.
We will still want to be with them.
And we can be.
If we follow the teaching of Jesus Christ.
I just love this song!
Janet Jackson is in no way affiliated with me or with the LDS church.
(at least that I know of)
No comments:
Post a Comment