It made me think of the face I put forth to people each and every day.
I have never been one of those girls who needs to have makeup on everyday.
I don't really own all that much.
And outside of mascara,
I think everything in my makeup box is 6 months or older.
I don't like foundation, because I love to show my freckles.
I like that my eyes, nose and mouth crinkle when I smile.
It makes me look like my mom.
And I like that.
I like that I look like me.
This is me in High School. It was one of my senior pictures.
Love this shot.

Here is a pic of me now.
Sure I have gained a little weight (I am pregnant and not nearly as active as when I was 17),
my hair is a different color, but I still feel that I look like me.
Recently I saw a cover of a magazine talking about
Heidi Montag and her "DRASTIC MAKEOVER".
I'll be honest. I have never seen an episode of Laguna Beach.
I personally think shows like that are a waste of my time.
I don't know this woman from Eve but my heart hurt for her.
This is what she looked like before MTV started filming her
and what she looks like now.
She says her own mother didn't even recognize her.
I feel like I look like me but a little bit of a different version.
Like an upgrade.
The best me.
I am grateful that my self esteem isn't based on what the scale or mirror tells me.
I am grateful that it is based on who I am.
I am grateful that I am me.
I may be shorter than the "average" american.
I may be pale and unable (and unwilling) to tan.
I may change my hair a bit too frequently.
I may laugh loudly and scare little children.
My face wrinkles when I laugh, and I love that.
My big right toe nail will not grow straight.
I am covered in freckles.
I have 2 big scars on my back.
(Hence the unwilling to tan again.)
My eyes are big.
My muscles are not toned.
My smile isn't perfect.
I love these things about myself because they make me
ME.
What do you love about yourself?

4 comments:
I love how sometimes I can get very fiery. I love that I'm not afraid to try new things. I love that I do rely on my instincts. I love the mole on my thigh. I love that I am a little weird. I love being a nurse.
and I like reading your blog Hannah. I'm a blog stalker too.
Hey now you can stalk my new blog!
Chloe
There are a lot of things I love about myself. I'm not very happy with my weight, but I have lost 30 pounds and plan on losing a lot more. I'm doing it for me though and not for anyone else. I love my curves. I love my hair, even though it gets frizzy and likes to freak out on me. There are just so many things!
First thing I love about myself is my amazing friends like you. You are still as beautiful as my 17-year-old best friend and always will be, no matter how many babies you have! That picture of you is my favorite, it's just my Hannah!
My favorite physical feature about myself is my eyes.
But the thing I love most about myself is my mind. Minds are powerful things and even though mine rarely turns off, I appreciate it being there when I need it. Except for when I lose it. :)
LOVE YOU! Lets get together soon, OK?
I loved Jess's post, too! Thanks for adding your thoughts. I think we as a culture put WAAAAY too much emphasis on physical appearance. It's kinda hard not to get sucked into it sometimes... Oh, and BTW, you always look gorgeous!
Post a Comment