So on February 6th we had our first baby shower!
It was so much fun! For this shower we chose to keep it pretty low key. Which I loved. We had an open house for family and neighbors from 4-6 and everything went so well.
Here is a pic of Matt and me at the end of the shower.
(I'm 34 weeks along in these pictures.)
I pretty much spent all my time sitting in this chair, greeting people, visiting and opening gifts. It's a comfy chair and it was so hard to get out of it after 2 hours.
Here are my cute Ostler girls and cousin Payton. They were so fun and had some really good advice on how to take care of Levi.
My Mom was the best, allbeit a little scatter brained, and stayed with me most of the time to write down all the gifts so that I could remember what came from whom and where the thank you should go.
Matt stayed around the shower a lot longer than I thought he would. He was with us almost the whole time, not that I got to talk to him much. Here he is with his Nield cousins. I don't know what they were talking about but Emily looks grossed out!
Matt's half sister Pam (in the red) and her daughter Amy (the one whose face you can't see) came to the shower. It was so great to see them again. Pam is amazing. She was here all the way from CA so it really was a treat having her. Our cute friend Tahra was also with us. She and her husband Jon are due about 3 months after us. So excited for her little boy!
This is a pic of my Grandma Bob (my mom's mom) my cousin Mariah, who had just turned 18, and younger sister Quinci. I have such a beautiful family!
My niece Makyla was so helpful. She kept handing me gifts so I didn't have to try to get out of my chair. She also handed out the thank you goodies. She is such a beautiful girl. I can't believe she will be 13 this summer. It feels like Kari was pregnant with Kyla only a few years ago. Time sure does fly by.
Like I mentioned I have a great family.
My dad manned the kitchen making sure cake was cut, brownies were out, veggies stayed fresh. He just recently had surgery on his knee so he was super sore at the end of the night, but it meant a lot that he was so willing to help.
(P.S. I love the punch on the counter, it had ducks floating in it. . . awesome!)
Here is my cousin Tami and her MIL Aunt Carol. It was great to have some of my dad's family with us. Here you can see more of the awesome food. I love my dad's brownies and mom's sugar cookies. It's amazing I am not much more round shaped!
Here are some of the cute ladies from the ward visiting and munching away.
I am so lucky to be back in my "home" ward.
They are some of the best women in the world and they were so sweet to come and celebrate our Little Man joining our family.
And my amazing sisters who hosted this shower.
Quinci and Addie.
They are beautiful, talented, smart, funny and I absolutely love them!
Bonus picture:
This is our Little Man's nook in our room. We will have to share with him for the first little while but I think his area looks quite nice. I love my rocker that Matt's parents got me for Christmas. It is already put to good use. I can't wait til his Jungle bedding arrives next week(ish)! It will make the room that much cuter!
2 comments:
Why, oh why, did you have to put that picture on here with me making that wretched face? HAHA!
Awesome, Hannah! And I love Levi's cute crib!
Post a Comment