February 5, 2010

It's Been Good

So January has come and gone in a complete and total blur. I don't feel like we should already be in February and when Matt mentioned that our Little Man would be joining us next month, I felt completely overwhelmed and totally unprepared to have this little guy join our family.
On January 23 Matt turned 26 years old. We had a really good day celebrating. We tried to celebrate for a long time.
A week before his birthday, I took Matt to one of his favorite restaurants "the Mandarin". Matt loves oriental food and whenever he picks where to eat I will preface it with "You pick what you want. . . except oriental." I have just never been a huge fan. That has changed in the pregnancy. I could eat Asian food every single day.
Unfortunately, Matt wasn't feeling well so shortly after receiving our order we had to get to go boxes and head on out of there.
Matt's Dad brought a cake by on his birthday (Not the real picture, I couldn't find the real one.)
It was super fun to be able to visit with Darrell and I know one of Matt's favorite moments was playing DIRT II with his dad on our Wii. IT was fun to watch them racing one another. He also got 2 great shirts from his parents! Thank you!
After Darrell left, I was starving so we headed out for Matt's Birthday lunch. Now we are big fans of Tucano's at the Gateway Mall. We don't eat there too often but the manager recognizes us so we get special treatment. Which is always fun. Our servers were awesome! They brought us tons of pineapple and garlic steak which are our favorites. Plus they let us order stuff off the dinner menu, even though it was lunch. Sometimes it totally pays to have a "regular" spot to eat.
For Matt's birthday I got him some pretty cheesy stuff. He got some new clothes and stuff for the computer but the 2 gifts I was most excited for were the c.d.'s I got him. Camelot (w/Julie Andrews) and Man of La Mancha (w/Placido Domingo).
Now Matt doesn't enjoy musical theatre as much as I do, but he is definitely someone who can appreciate it. These musicals are two that Matt's dad loves and so he grew up with them and absolutely loves them. It's been great to not be the only member of our family playing a musical c.d. in their car.
When we got home from running our birthday errands, my parents called us upstairs to celebrate Matt's birthday with and Oreo Brownie Earthquake and a candle. Matt got all 3 versus of Happy birthday. He is officially a part of the Gibson family.
Later that week we finally made our way to the Bountiful temple, after several failed attempts earlier in the month. It was really hard to sit in the session for 2 hrs while pregnant, so we have decided that was our last session until our Little Man is here.
My dad is a fabulous cook. Sunday dinners is one of the best meals ever. I look forward to it each week to see what he will cook. On a Sunday near our birthday we get to choose the meal. For Matt we had a Thanksgiving type meal. The Nyborgs (our neighbors) and Eldracher's (cousins) joined us. It was really fun and as usual the food was delicious!

Monday night we had family home evening with the White's. I had to get a new cell phone so we spent a good chunk of the night driving from AT&T store to the next trying to find the phone I wanted. This is what we decided on!

The guy at Spring gave us a great deal, but I am on a sample phone til it arrives next week. I wish it was here now, but I have been waiting for our Little Man for months, so I am sure I can wait a week for a cell phone.
Afterwords we went to Robintino's for dinner. It was yummy but more importantly it was nice to be able to spend time with Matt's parents. Darrell and Cindy travel a lot so they have spent a good chunk of the winter in St. George so it was really nice to be able to see them.
Tuesday I lucked out and Matt got to stay home from work. It was great spending the morning just hanging out just the two of us. We won't be that way much longer so it was fun to cherish the time we have left.
That afternoon my parents invited us to see "The Blind Side" with them. I am not a huge Sandra Bullock fan but I absolutely loved this movie! So many great quotes and such a touching story. I hope, if I was in the place to help as Mrs. Tewey did, I would do the same thing.
Favorite Line "I've had 4 or 5 cold ones so I am just going to come out and say it. Do you know there is a colored boy in your Christmas Card" Hilarious!
We have attended our birthing class, I think I am prepared and ready for what is coming our way. I am interested in what we will be taught this week at our breast feeding class. Should be interesting. We have the family/neighbor baby shower on Saturday too. We are going to be busy but Life is good. No complaints here.
Hope that you are all happy and well.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

If you're planning on exclusively breastfeeding, you may find that it's even harder to go to the temple once the baby comes. I'd go as often as possible before he gets here!

Karrie said...

I need to update my blog with you new address...keep forgetting!

I'm glad Matt had such a great B-day...and just so you know the 3 verses of Happy Birthday are a Carlson tradition...NOT a Gibson tradition.

Hannah White said...

While a Carlson tradition, I meant my immediate family the GIbsons. But thanks for the reminder! :D