January 3, 2011

Day Three

Something you have to forgive yourself for.

Like I said in day one, there are lots of things I don't like about myself.
So my list of things to forgive is rather long.

Something I am working on forgiving myself for and being better about is how insensitive I can be.

I rarely think before I say/do something.
That has caused me lots of problems.

I want to publicly apologize to my friend Sarah.
Sarah and I have known each other since elementary school.
She is one of the best Mormon fashion bloggers on the world wide web.
She is thrifty and crafty and someone I would like to be more like.

One day I left an anonymous comment on her blog.
I wanted it to spark a conversation about a subject I had a question on.
It wasn't until later that I saw how it could hurt and offend.
Sarah took it in stride.
And made an amazing post out of it.
She forgave me when I finally had the guts to apologize.
I am still working on forgiving myself.

On my mission my favorite thing to teach was the ATONEMENT. 
Some missionaries are what I call number munchers. 
Only caring about the number of baptisms instead of the souls they were there to save.

I loved teaching the atonement because everyone needs it.
I know I need it daily.

I know that Jesus is my (and your) Savior.
We can be forgiven for everything if we will but repent and move on.

How does one repent?
a - admit you have done something wrong.
b - be sorry for it.
c - confess of then change the behavior.
d - don't do it again.
e - endure to the end. (Repeat as necessary)

To Sarah and the others like her whom I have hurt or offended whether accidentally or on purpose. 
I am sorry.

2 comments:

Sarah Larsen said...

I still think you're amazing for owning up to it. I don't think about it, so you shouldn't either. :)

Haley said...

what a sweet post :) And what a neat challenge! I look forward to getting to know you better through your future posts :)

PS - have you had pictures taken by Heidi Porter?? I think i've seen your [ADORABLE] family on her profile...small world!