January 4, 2011

Day Four

Something you have to forgive someone for.

~ Wow, these questions are personal. ~

There are a few people who have done some really bad things to me. 
I don't want to bring up that kind of darkness here on the blog or for the entire world to see. 
I pray that I have fully forgiven them. 
I hope that I have.

I need to forgive *Drew* for hurting me.
Before him I was a really good girl.
He broke me.
All the dumb decisions I have made in life were after dating him.
He took things he shouldn't have.
He made me untrusting and made me feel unworthy of love.

I need to forgive *Bob*.
Where I thought I found love I had really found false security.
All the hopes and dreams were promised but he didn't have the strength to live up to them.
His mistakes helped me find my true worth.
But I still need to forgive those mistakes.

I need to forgive *Lou*
Who took away something without realizing what was being done.
Who hurt me in ways I could never have imagined.
Who still hurts me without intent.

I need to forgive *Rue*
For not liking me when its all I want.
For not respecting my decisions.
For hating me for something I had no control over.
For seeing things that aren't really there.

I need to forgive those who hurt me without knowing it as I pray I will be forgiven.
I need to forgive those who hurt me on purpose because they are not fulfilled in their own lives.
I forgive so that I too may be forgiven.

No comments: