October 27, 2010

Four Years - originally posted aug 23, 2010

Four years ago today I entered the Missionary Training Center or MTC/“Empty Sea”.
I can’t believe how much has changed because of that single decision I made to serve a mission.  Let us be honest.  In many ways I didn’t make that decision.
My seminary teachers all told me I would go. Several of them picking on only me to be a sister missionary out of all the girls in class.
Church leaders in Young Women’s and the Bishopric always talked about when, not if, I would serve a mission.
My Patriarichal blessing talks about it, although I missed it until I chose to fill out the paper work and go.
Personally though I feel most indebted to my parents, my mother in particular, who continually told me I needed to look outside myself. To serve others before marrying and never leaving Utah.
My mission was the toughest eighteen months of my life.
I questioned my testimony many times. I questioned the very basics of my upbringing. But each and every time I questioned I grew stronger and became more prepared for the next challenge I was to face.
I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. It truly is the GOOD NEWS! I am so glad it was restored so that I could know of it’s joy and hope.  I don’t know where I would be without it.
I thank each and everyone of you who helped me along my way. To serving, while serving, or remembering the lessons I learned there.
I don’t know if there has been a single day since that I have not reflected on my time in New England.  If so they are few and far between because I love that place and it’s people.
Four years ago.
Time sure does fly.

No comments: