Last night was amazing.
Seriously the best live music I have EVER heard.
For my birthday Matt and Leaves gave me two tickets to go see my favorite artist, David Wilcox, @ the Sandy Amphitheater. I have been anticipating it for over a month.
His music is seriously the most heart touching stuff I have ever heard.
Most people I know have never heard of him.
But he is AMAZING.
He won an award last year that was also presented to Bob Dylan. That gives you an idea of his awesomeness.
We got to hear some new songs from an upcoming album. There was one about “breaking the ice” that was so beautiful. There were a few moments during his concert that I was moved to tears and then the next song had me almost peeing my pants.
I highly recommend checking out his website. If you click on the “music” link you can listen to almost every song he has ever written.
One thing I really like is he has a compilation of songs for different emotions. Such as: heartbreak, complex heartbreak, recently fell in love, appreciating good sex, not in a relationship now, but you feel blissful and unburdened about it, forgiveness and working through conflict songs, tools for getting out of depression, getting free of addiction, seeing a friend fall into addiction, etc.
Seriously check him out.
I recommend the songs: Language of the Heart (2), Kindness (23), Eye of the Hurricane (42), Waffle House (63), Reaper Sweepstakes (66), Covert War (88), Guitar Shopping (120).
But whatever you pick I am sure you will enjoy it because he is amazing.
Check out his website! www.davidwilcox.com
No comments:
Post a Comment