October 26, 2009

T.V.

I have never been a t.v. addict.
I knew people that had to be home on Thursday night to watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S., Sunday to watch Simpsons, etc. I have watched t.v. when I am bored but never NEEDED to see something unless it was the halloween edition of the Simpsons, or a really cool interview on Dateline.

I feel bad for Baby White because their childhood cartoons will never be as awesome as the ones I grew up on. I mean seriously how do they expect modern cartoons to compare to Ducktales, TaleSpin, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears etc?!?! Answer, they can't!

However I have to admit I have become addicted to a few great shows!

How I Met Your Mother - is one of my favorite comedies. Barney Stinson (guy in the bathtub) is hilarious! He is LEGEN....wait for it.....Dary! It's all about how Ted (far right) finds his wife. We are pretty much addicted to the show in our house.
ABC's new show modern family might be one of the funniest shows to come to T.V. in a long long time! It reminds me so much of real every day families. The Gay couple are by far my favorite! Seriously if you haven't watched it. Go to Hulu right now!!!
GLEE!!!!
Who hasn't heard about this show?!?! What I was worried would be a short running show of awesome music for a theatre lover like me is taking over the country and Itunes. Amazing writing, awesome character development and musical numbers that make me wish I was a McKinley High alum instead of Viewmont.
Fringe - Now I do not normally like Sci Fi t.v. I find it weird.
But J.J. Abrahms knew what he was doing when he created this show.
Buy the dvd start at episode one, because you won't want to miss a single episode of this show.
Flash Forward
Another Sci fi, but still loving it! Everyone in the world black out at the same time for the same amount of time and saw something from about 6 months in the future. Why did it happen?
Does knowing the future change it?? Still waiting to find out.
And last but not least...
Dancing with the Stars, my guilty pleasure watching. I can't get enough of semi-famous people trying to dance ballroom. And let's be honest while Donny tears up the dance floor its Mya's moves that everybody is watching out for!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

We're watching FlashForward too. We loved it for the first three episodes, and then started finding lots of inconsistencies related to the cause and effect cycles in the story. It's still really interesting, but not as fascinating as it once was.

Mike and Michelle said...

I love Modern Family! It is me and my husbands new favorite! So funny!

Karrie said...

We love Modern Family too and we are also big Office fans.

Sierra said...

I hate TV and never watch it, but I'm glad others can find something good to watch :-)