March 19, 2015

29 weeks, Hospital bed rest, changes.

How far along? 29 weeks

Total weight gain: unknown, as I don't have a scale in my room.

Maternity clothes: I am simply wearing maxi dresses, skirts, and leggings at this point. Hospital bed rest is kind of boring and so I'd rather be as comfortable as possible.

Stretch marks: Grateful that my girls are still inside and that my stomach is growing. "new" stretch marks are starting to appear.

Belly Button: It's gone kinda flat again. It's funny to me that this changes so often.

Sleep: Is easy now that there are no distractions. Oh except I get woken up at least every 4 hours to monitor these sweet girls and to make sure that they are okay. My hospital bed is pretty comfy and Matt brought me the best pillows so I'm comfy.

Best moment this week:  It would be easy to look at only the bad parts of this experience. However, I am so blessed. I plan on writing more this week for you all but to sum it up this morning is the best moment of the week.
The Girls are now 29 weeks.  Each week, Each day they stay inside my body is less time they will have to spend in the NICU.  So them being 29 weeks instead of 28 1/2 weeks is huge. Our next goal is to make it through to monday morning!


Movement:  Indy (baby A) is down low and stays there. Annie is a crazy little dancer who feels like she is almost constantly moving. As I mentioned we check their heartbeats at least every 4 hours and they are always in the same place, so even though they are moving they are staying head down! :D

Food Cravings:  Tacos. And that wisconsin cauliflower soup. (I think I know what I will have Matt pick up for Date night.)

Symptoms:  umm... my water being broken.  Luckily, your body can replenish your bag of waters so as long as I stay hydrated the girls and I should be fine. with occasional (like once an hour) contractions.

Labor Signs:  Water breaking can be a sign of labor but luckily for me my water breaks and I don't go into labor. This same thing happened at 39 weeks with Levi and 38 weeks with Bradley. I always wondered why my body didn't go into labor when my bag of waters broke. Now I am so grateful that it doesn't. Gives these girls more time to "cook"

Wedding rings on or off? The fake wedding band I wear is still loose.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. God is good. We are in pretty much the safest place I could be for these little girls. Sure being mostly confined to a room isn't fun and its easy to get bored, or miss what's going on in the world outside the hospital but Life is good. God is Good. I am safe. My Girls are safe. People who love my boys are helping to take care of them and overall, while this is a challenge, this is something that I can do!

Looking forward to:  Monday March 23.  For people like myself who suffer from PPROM (Preterm Premature Rupture Of Membranes) over 50% go into labor within that first week. So if I wake up at 7 on Monday morning I will have beat a huge odd!

Their size on the inside:


What they are doing:
  • She's growing white fat deposits under her skin, and her energy is surging because of it.
  • They are both hiccuping like crazy!

  • What I look like:

***I will be writing a blog post, hopefully today or tomorrow, 
about what happened, PPROM, what we do going forward. 
I will also start doing an update on Monday Mornings along with my Thursday blog***

No comments: