March 1, 2015

26 weeks.

How far along? 26 weeks 4 days

Total weight gain: I weigh 160! Up 2 lbs this week and feeling great. 

Maternity clothes: Maternity pants only cover about 1/2 my belly, which I find super uncomfortable so I am now wearing skirts and dresses whenever I can. My belly doesn't look super big (compared to taller twin moms) but I feel ginormous. Plus, carrying somewhat compactly I feel when the girls make really small movements.

Stretch marks: Still safe on this one.

Belly Button: It popped this week. Sometimes it goes back to flat or innie but its mostly out.

Sleep: Craziest pregnancy dreams I've ever had started this week. Plus the boys must know of their soon to be move and have been ending up in our bed almost every night. Bad dreams, pregnant with twins, horrible heartburn, plus two extra people in our bed makes for a tight fit. So nap time is my favorite time of the day now.

Best moment this week:  We went to a multiples birth class last Saturday. Somehow for  me it made this all feel "more" real. At one point they handed us two 7 lbs baby dolls to see what it's like to hold them to breastfeed. That moment made me laugh so hard. Some realities of having twins started kicking in. I really enjoy the bonding of breastfeeding but the idea of feeding two babies with my body both amazes and confuses me.
Miss Anything: I miss being able to eat whenever I want. I don't know which girl it is or if it is both of them but sometimes it feels like my stomach has been squished to the size of a peanut so even though I'm hungry and need to feed me and both of the babies I can barely finish a piece of toast.

Movement:  I swear sometimes I can feel every little movement these girls make. I wish I could explain what it's like to have twins moving at the same time. It's crazy awesome!

Food Cravings:  Protein. I love it. It tastes so good. I am super lucky that my uncle Russ has chickens. I eat so many eggs. I also am in love with Harmon's salad bar and stacking it with veggies. So yummy. 

Symptoms:  Getting sorer  by the day but I still realize that this isn't even close to how far my body can stretch.

Labor Signs:  the occasional braxton hicks contraction but nothing too scary. 
The average twins comes somewhere between 34-36 weeks. That means while I am personally aiming for 37 weeks (May 14), we have near 10 weeks left until the twins are here. CRAZY!!!!!

Wedding ringson or off? Got some cute size 7 rings to wear on my ring finger. They are still too big most of the time but the size 6 was a little too snug. Ah, the joys of pregnancy.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. That class last Saturday reminded me what a great amazing miracle this is, to be having twins. I can't wait meet our girls (although I hope they don't come until May)
        
Looking forward to:  Finishing the boys room (we had some things come up this week that put us behind.) and moving them down there.  L has his 5th birthday coming up so that is going to be so fun.

Their size on the inside:


What they are doing:
  • Her eyes are forming, and her eyes will soon start to open.
  • And her eyelashes are now grown, too.
  • She's getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up your antibodies.
  • She's taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.
What I look like:

No comments: