February 15, 2015

24 weeks. . . viable

How far along? 24 weeks 4 days  as of this morning.

Total weight gain: I weigh 155 lbs. No weight gain this week but my doctor doesn't seem to be too worried. So I am choosing not to be. I eat as much as I can, depending on if one of the girls is sitting on my stomach. 

Maternity clothes:  I wear anywhere from size s-l in maternity clothes now. I am abhoring any type of pants that aren't leggings. I am pretty sure that I will shortly switch over to maxi skirts and dresses for the remainder of the pregnancy.

Stretch marks: I'm so thankful for my genetics right now. Nothing big and scary on my belly yet.

Belly Button: It's half flat and half popped out. Pretty soon I think it will just stay out but it apparently likes this game of back and forth.

Sleep: Lots of tossing and turning to find a comfortable spot for all 3 of us. B hasn't been sleeping well either so that has made for some very restless nights.

Best moment this week:  We had an ultrasound this week. The girls are getting so big! You can't even see them in the same shot anymore. Indy is still head down which means we can still hope for a vaginal birth! We also learned that the girls are now considered viable. That means should they be born at this point the team at Primary Children's could most likely sustain their lives.
Plus, due to the kindness of friends we got both of our baby cribs! They are adorable. I love having one set up in our room. It's like a nice reminder of what will happen in the next 3 months.

Miss Anything: I'm getting tired really quickly. I miss my normal energy levels. I also miss being able to run with the boy in the back yard.

Movement:  Indy, as i mentioned, is head down and so I feel her kicks really well. The weight of her head isn't super comfortable though. Annie is pretty chill, she reminds me of B in the womb. She moves enough that I know she is okay but her movement isn't as sharp as her sisters.

Food cravings:  Meat, fruits, veggies. Not much grain. Mostly steak, potatoes, and broccoli. That meal sounds delicious all hours of the day. Followed buy some ice cream. Love Neapolitan ice cream. 

Symptoms:  Sore and tired.  Like incredibly sore and incredibly tired. Sometimes I dream of a spa weekend. Wouldn't that be nice.

Labor Signs:  Braxton hicks have started. It's nice to know my body remembers how to prep for this. I am hoping that this labor will begin after week 37 and that it won't begin as my previous two have with my water breaking. I would like to labor with my water intact so that it will, hopefully, go smoother.

Wedding rings on or off? My fake ring stays in place now.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but tired.
        
Looking forward to:  Prepping the playroom to become the boys bedroom. Blue and Grey for the boys and purple and grey for the girls. We think it's going to look good. I'm nervous to move the boys downstairs but am excited to get their room done and then start getting the nursery done.

Showers: I am lucky to have a sweet friends and some amazing sisters that are each going to throw a shower for myself and the twins. If you would like an invite please email me your mailing address with Baby Shower for the subject heading.
You can reach me at HannahWhite0624 at gmail dot com


Their size on the inside:



What I look like:

(Look at that adorable crib behind me! Soon it will be the home for our two little babies!)
(They will share for the first little bit then each have their own awesome blue crib.)

No comments: