August 4, 2011

Why don't I write

Have you ever noticed that I bounce back and forth from this blog as if it is something I don't actually love doing.
I do love writing. I love the freedom it gives to my soul. The way the words, wether eloquent or not, let me explore myself and the things that I am feeling. I love that after writing I have more desire to learn and to grow. It makes me want to better myself.
So why don't I write. I am terrified of being judged. I am terrified if letting people know about my life.
That makes it sound like I have a bad or unhappy life. That isn't the case.
My life just isn't as happy as I wish it was.
There are things, people, that seem bound and determined to keep me down.
I refuse to let them keep winning.
By sheltering my blog, by lying about my life, I am letting them win.
I chose to win.
Instead of lying down and taking the beating I chose to fight.
I am not sheltering my blog because life is meant to be lived and to be shared.
I will share my life with you and ask you to be kind and not judge it.
I'm so far from being perfect but how can I learn and grow if I don't write down my experiences to look back upon.
I may still be scared but I refuse to hid my face from the sun again.

No comments: