I have been home from my mission for over a year and I still think of the people and places of New England on almost a daily basis. It is amazing how the Lord blesses us missionaries with the opportunity to serve those people who we seemed to have been sent there for.
Doctrine and Covenants 18 it reads:
14 Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people.
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
On Tuesday Matt and I got to sleep in and be lazy for the morning because @ 1 o'clock we would be on the way to the Draper Temple to see a kind woman I taught on my mission recieve her endowment in the Draper Utah temple.
The whole drive I was so excited to see Audrey because it had been almost 2 years since I had last seen her even though we talk on a regular basis.
In the dressing room I saw her after she had received her own washings and anointings. She didn't see me so I called out "miss Audrey". She turned and exclaimed "you made it!" We hugged for a long time and then she said to the temple workers assisting her "this is my missionary."
There are few moments when I have ever felt God's love or happiness more in my entire life. Audrey is an amazing spirit and I am so glad I was able to teach her.
5 comments:
Audrey from Portland? That's awesome! I've never had that opportunity, so consider yourself lucky.
What an amazing story, Hannah. I love stories like this. :)
I bet you felt wonderful!
What a cool experience!! How awesome that you got to be with her for such an important even in her life and that you helped her find her way to such a great experience!
That was an incredible day! How great to know you were her "Missionary"
I left for Arizona the same day she left for Utah and we saw each other in the airport. My mother found out she was going to the temple and told me. I don't know why but lately I have been thinking a lot about what happens if I do get married and my closest friends are some missionaries that taught me, so am I allowed to invite them to the sealing room if I have no other close friends or family that can go in? That would be awesome.
Post a Comment