So on Sunday the Gibson family got together for a Pot Luck Dinner. While Sunday dinners are a norm for my family. My parents have always done all the cooking not letting us bring anything to help.
This past week they were on a cruise so my older sister Addie decided that it would be best for us to make the meal for them and boy was it good.
We had pot roast with potatoes and carrots made by the Holman's. The Gibson's brought a yummy salad while the Cole's made garlic bread.
Matt and I were in charge of dessert and so I decided to make home made apple crisp!
I got the best recipe for it when I was on my mission in Vermont and it tastes so good. I swear Matt and I can eat a whole thing of it in almost one sitting.
Well on Sunday after church we decided to sit down and watch Mr. Hollands Opus. I love the movie but didn't realize just how long it really is. When it was done we looked at a clock and saw it was 6:15, we were supposed to be to dinner at six.
I hurried and threw together what I would need to make the crisp there excluding flour and sugar because my dad said I could use there.
After a good dinner I started to slice and dice the apples with Matt's help and proceeded to make the apple crisp.
It cooked and cooled while we sat around and talked and just enjoyed being together as a family.
When it was done my niece Kyla was allowed to have the first bite...and she didn't like it. Turns out instead of a large container of sugar my dad had handed me SALT!!!
The whole crisp was absolutely ruined, the salt was all you could taste.
Luckily we had ice cream as a back up.
My Uncle Steve came by later and boy did we get him good. He took 2 or 3 large mouthfuls before he realized what was in the Apple Crisp. The look on his face was priceless. He is such a great uncle!
So moral of my little story here...when cooking CHECK YOUR INGREDIENTS!
Rediscover Hotmail®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.

3 comments:
And you're not going to post the recipe?
good to know...about the ingredients I mean...sounds like a great dinner
We did that once with no-bake cookies... salt instead of sugar. It was just cocoa-covered granola. I think we all threw up at least three times :-) ha ha
Post a Comment