Let's start at the beginning this morning we woke up around 7 and realized that we had to be to the historic sports car races @ 8 a.m. Needless to say we got there a little late.
The races were amazing we got to hear all the revving engines and see a car spin out... I LOVED IT! The best race of all today was the one we were involved in less than one hour ago.
We had gone to El Matador with Jon and Tahra and were back relaxing at our house when the four of us decided to go get a concrete from Nielsen's frozen custard. One our way as we were crossing through the intersection of 500 South and 200 West we saw an old Gold Mercury Grand Marquis hit a female bicyclist. We quickly turned around as was our civic duty. As we pulled into the Carls Jr. Parking lot we saw the car take off. We asked the woman's friend if it was a hit and run. They confirmed that it was. Matt took off wicked fast. We got stuck at a red light. But thanks to my fathers love of chasing teenagers who flipped him off when I was a child...I learned how to track cars in a chase. So we followed him. Got his license plate. We turned right by Little Caesar's and saw him turn left on the same street (100 East). We turned around and went through the intersection to get behind him and verify the license plate number. We saw him pull in. And to our shock the man involved in the attack was old!!!
This old man not only failed to yield but was involved in a hit and run!!!
We called the cops, filled out a police report/statement. IT WAS AWESOME!!!
(I still feel bad for the old guy and his family ... but it was a hit and run!)
3 comments:
Wow!! It wasn't Grandpa Bob was it???!!! That is exactly why we took the keys away from him...sooo scary! Way to do your civic duty
I am oh so proud of you! What a cool story. One more reason why old people should not be driving, I think.
Um... so remember that time when WE were being chased by a car and it WASN'T so fun? Hmm... not cool, that one.
Hannah...I can't see your post about your honeymoon...what's up with that?
Post a Comment