September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend.

So I am on the train on my way to school. I love the front runner. Its fast and I don't have to worry about traffic but most importantly, due to the fact that I am a student....I ride for free! I love not having to invest in so much gas.
Life in the White house is going very well. Matt and I just returned from spending the weekend at the family cabin. It was certainly an interesting weekend.
On Saturday as we were about to unload our two jet skis we realized one of them wasn't working. Tahra and I got on one and headed off assuming that Matt and John would park the trailer and meet us at the designated spot. So we go to the spot. The boys are no where to be seen. I take Tahra out for a good ride on the lake. We come back. Still no boys. Tahra takes a turn driving. We come back again. Still no boys. We wonder where they could be and why we don't have a walkie talkie. We go out for another ride. Come back to find the area still vacant. Where were the boys? Well the other jet ski had started so they lowered it into the water only for it to die. John was left sitting there guarding it while Matt went to put away the trailer. 
Finally we found the walkie talkie that had been hidden and were able to find out what was going on.
Matt and I had an interesting adventure while we were out by ourselves. He took me across the lake which was something I had wanted to do. Well on the way back the water got really rough. We were racing to get back before the "storm" hit. I seriously felt like huge buckets were constantly being poured over my head it was so bad! Our bodies were pretty beat up by the end of it.
All in all we had a really good weekend though. 
I am sorry I don't have any pictures. I need to be better about that. Maybe I can find a good camera on overstock!

3 comments:

Karrie said...

Yikes! I'm glad you found the walkie talkie...and survived the storm

Anonymous said...

Hannah Marie! You should give me a call - I don't have a number for you- but I have a really cute little boy you haven't met :)

Matt White said...

Hidden my eye! Jon and I both remember specifically pointing out we were putting the radio in the glove box. Other than that, good story though honey. Those afternoon storms sweep in like the four horsemen of the apocalypse.