June 10, 2010

I love my job!

In my entire life I have had 5 jobs.

Not too bad I would say.

First I started out in sales at Victoria's Secret. I loved it there and did really well.
Then the boss tried to schedule me for Sundays.
I was the ONLY employee to request that day off.
So I quit.

Next was Panda Express.
Not nearly as glamourous as Victoria's Secret but the manager worked with my schedule and I would never have to work a single Sunday.
Yeah, he got deported.
(I'm not making a joke)
New manager said it wasn't fair I got Sundays off.
I gave him my 2 weeks.

I needed a job so what did I do?
I opened the phone book and called every bookstore within a reasonable distance.
I found out who was hiring and I applied.
Seagull Book hired me.
Truth, I'd never stepped foot inside the store or read LDS literature before that job.
I loved that job!

I left and served my mission.

Came home and went straight back to Seagull.
I needed to make more money though so I went to Key Bank.

I loved playing with money all day. 
Hated that they tried to push loans on people.

Got pregnant.
Threw up blood.
Manager was mean about me going to the hospital.
Realized I couldn't work for her anymore.

Went back to Seagull.
Had baby!!!

New job. . . Mom!

It's the best job i've ever had.
Sure its 24/7 365 days a year.
Sure I can never quit or take a day off.

I get poop in my nails, pee in my face, vomit down my chest.
And that can all happen by noon.

But it's moments like this. . .






That make me LOVE my job!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

What a cutie. I love his bedding. My daughter is standing here next to me, pointing and saying "bebe!" over and over again.

I don't really get the thing with VS. I've heard of similar situations. If you're the only one who requests Sundays off, that means everyone else is available and willing to work it, right? So why is that a problem? I don't get managers sometimes.

Joy said...

I love that post. Its a wonderful blessing to have the job mothers have. I love my job even though it is totally hard at times, but its worth it.

Quinci Cole said...

haha i love that winnie is in a lot of these post...Were awesome and gave him his first toy EVER!!!!