November 30, 2008

It's Christmas season...finally!!!

I can not begin to tell you how excited I am that Christmas season is finally upon us. I am one of "Those people" who refuse to celebrate Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I feel that it is important to make sure we actually take time around thanksgiving to be thankful and not super stressed about the things that will happen to be prepared for Christmas.
Matt has been amazing with this. Regardless of whether he is actually cool with it or not he has fully supported me in my quest to keep Christmas and Thanksgiving as two separate holidays. 
So while I will not start listening to Christmas music or put up my tree until days after I have eaten way too much turkey and pie I began my Christmas shopping months ago. 
Matt's Christmas present are all bought. Well except for his stocking and the stocking stuffers that will go in. So I am really excited for that. I think it will be a really good Christmas for him.
His parents are all done. There gift will freaking blow their socks off! So that is also good.
Addie and her family have chosen to get Hungry Hungry  Hippos. 
Quinci and Travis still haven't told us what they want so...hint hint hint!
Kari and the kids will be getting a kids version of Cranium that Kyla really wants.
Mom and Dad...Man they are not the easiest to shop for but...I think we will be doing okay. I mean really what do you get for someone who really has all the things that they want.
We were at Matt's house about two weeks ago and Cindy told us Tai Pan was having a sell on Christmas trees so we went and got one that is 7 1/2 feet tall (my requirement was that it be taller than me)pre lit with 850 lights all for the nice price of $99.00   SWEET!!!!
Tomorrow for family night we will be putting it up and making our house all Christmas oriented. I am super excited. We are thinking of doing our tree in black red and green. It sounds a little crazy but it was the only tree I actually liked that I have seen decorated! I am so not artsy in that way. If anyone out there has a good idea on how to decorate a Christmas tree, let me know a.s.a.p.
Until next time....I am out of here!!!

2 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I'm with you! I'm all about Christmas now!!

Karrie said...

so you need to post pictures of the decorations once you get them done