March 17, 2008

Asking Dad

Well Matt finally did it! He talked to my daddy. Okay so here are how things go. Matt and I have known since basically our first date that we were going to get married. I have been dying for him to ask Dad for about 2 weeks.

I mean c'mon we scheduled the temple on friday for JUNE 24th and I found and bought my dress on Saturday it was time for this all to become a little more official! I mean we have gone ring shopping and it sounds like Matt has found the one!

So last night Matt comes over as we are finishing our family dinner and you can just see how nervous he is. So he sits by me on the couch as my older sister Addie introduces herself to him. (They have met before but I don't think Addie remembers.)

Gage, my nephew, then informs Addie that I love Matt and want to marry him. We all started laughing. I teased Gage by saying Matt didn't know that. Gage then went on to tell Matthew that I don't love him but that we are just friends and I don't want to marry him. That was cute.

We went out and watched Gage do a few backflips on the tramp then I led Matt into the kitchen so he could talk to my dad. I left and he followed!

We sat on the couch as I gently urged him to go and talk to my father. He stood up and sat right back down.
Finally he got up and went over and asked my dad if he could talk with him.

Well the rest is Matt's story so I will put him on here later to finish this up!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Your nephew sounds cute. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story when the proposal actually happens.

Jessica Adams said...

CONGRATS, KIDS!! So that's the big day, huh? Let me know when there are more finalized details.

Janelle said...

By the way, you spelled my name wrong in the link to my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

wow thats fast you two.
i never saw this one coming
but what ever work right
good luck